If you have attended an Oracle EPM roadmap session lately you have most probably heard that unlike previous years a new EPM release is not scheduled for 2016. While waiting for the big 12c release to drop, new updates and features will be added to the current version in the form of Patch Set Updates. HFM PSU 188.8.131.52.200 was a prime example of this strategy and now Financial Reporting is the next product to get a feature-laden update.
Financial Reporting PSU 184.108.40.206.701 was released today and it contains two big changes: FR Web Studio (a web-based report authoring tool) and an updated charting engine. I applied the PSU on my virtual machine running EPM 220.127.116.11 and took a peek at these new features.
Thursday, May 5, 2016
Thursday, March 31, 2016
In this post I document the steps required to configure the Import Application feature introduced in HFM 18.104.22.168.200. I recommend reading my earlier post about the Patch Set Update if you haven't done that already. Note that the configuration is database vendor specific and I used MS SQL Server – if you need guidance for setting things up with an Oracle database you can see Larry Lapp's recent blog post about the same topic.
- HFM with Patch Set Update 22.214.171.124.200 (patch number 21225611) installed
- Access to SQL Server Management Studio with sysadmin privileges
- SYSADMIN role granted to the SQL login used by HFM (Yes – the almighty sysadmin role. This requirement is documented as known issue #21032270 in the PSU .200 readme)
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Oracle has released another big PSU to HFM 126.96.36.199. This one has been in the works for a long time so I was eager to test the update ASAP even though I'm still jet-lagged after returning from a two-week vacation in the Far East.
|Version number reads "Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Fusion Edition - 188.8.131.52.200.5149"|
New FeaturesLet's start with the most interesting bits. The list of new features included in the readme file is long but slightly misleading... Most of the "new" functions have already been included in PSU .100 and just listed again as this is a cumulative patch. Read on to find out what actually is new in this Patch Set Update.
Monday, December 21, 2015
Here's a quick update for those who are running FDMEE version 184.108.40.206. The big Patch Set Update .100 has been released - just in time for Christmas! Because my friend Francisco is the real expert when it comes to the product in question, I'll let him explain you what's new in this update.
Oracle resources (Oracle account required):
Oracle resources (Oracle account required):
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
The Kscope16 conference will take place in Chicago on June 26th - 30th, 2016. I am pleased to inform you that I will be there to present two sessions about my favorite Hyperion product:
- Unravel The Secrets of The New HFM API
- Upgrading To The Latest HFM Version? Set Your Expectations Right!
The ODTUG content review teams have been working hard to get tons of of great sessions selected so book your place early!
Friday, October 30, 2015
Oracle has just released a new patch for Financial Management 220.127.116.11. The patch delivers what many (if not all) customers who have adopted the latest HFM release have been asking for: a version of the Copy Application utility that works with HFM 18.104.22.168. The following actions are possible using the updated utility:
- Copy HFM applications between different 22.214.171.124 environments (both need to have minimum patch level of 126.96.36.199.100)
- Copy HFM applications from older release (11.1.2.x) to 188.8.131.52. The Upgrade Applications taks must be performed in EPM System Configurator afterwards.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Oracle has released Smart View version 184.108.40.206.500 yesterday. I haven't had a chance to test the release yet but according to the documentation the biggest changes in this release are:
- Support for HFM journals: view journal properties, create, edit, submit, approve, post, unpost, and delete journals. HFM version 220.127.116.11.100 is required to use this new functionality.
- Extended support for Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE): multiple connections now supported. OBIEE patch 18.104.22.168.140527 is required.
Read full details and download the patch from Oracle Support: Patch 21635725: Patch Set Update: 22.214.171.124.500 for Oracle Smart View for Office. When upgrading from SV 11.1.2.x you can simply run the installer to upgrade the add-in (no need to uninstall the older version first). And as usual, please share your experiences if you try this version in your EPM environments!